It’s a new year, a chance to start fresh. For me, this has
happened in a very literal sense the past few weeks as I have been faced with
heartbreak, big changes, heavy sadness, and a chance to start over with a clean
slate in many areas of my life. Thankfully, I haven't been alone and am so thankful for my sisters, my best friends, who are all going through similar things. I have learned a few lessons I wanted to share
with you about how I have, with the help of people I love, the power of music,
and the grace of God, experienced a great revival of my spirit and healing of
my soul.
Starting Over Is A Beautiful Thing
Hunter Hayes is one of my all time favorite songwriters, and
his lyrics really speak to me in times where I’m needing some hope. His song
“Where It All Begins” has been our mantra for the past few weeks, and has
helped me to remember that “you find out who you are through the pain” and “the
hardest times are a part of something so much more.” So thank you Hunter. I
LOVE YOU.
Seek God First
In moments of
discouragement and sadness, I have learned that if I seek the Lord first, above
all other things, I can still feel peace even when things are hard. Putting God
first means giving Him your heart, your day, your will, and especially the
things that may not go the way you had planned. God’s plan is perfect, He is
omniscient and all knowing and trying to discover and do His will allows me to
feel excited for the future and to grow through difficulty, rather than
remaining stagnant and not progressing. Lauren Daigle’s album “How Can It Be”
is full of beautiful reminders to trust in God and his plan for me. I also have
dedicated time every day to studying my scriptures, praying, and filling my
time with positive and worthwhile actions.
Elevate
Maintaining the
proper perspective during this phase of my life has been difficult for some
reason, but as I have sought peace through the spirit of the Lord by elevating
my thoughts, actions, and intentions, I have felt a great amount of unexpected
happiness! Sometimes we have to pray for help or talk to people we love and
trust to elevate ourselves and look down on our situation with the proper
perspective. Acknowledging that the most sadness and heartbreak I will feel has
already passed, and it will only get easier and better from here has helped me
to feel God’s love for me and hope in the future.
You Are Loved
I’m grateful for the
opportunities for growth that God has given me. In church a couple weeks ago, I
heard someone speak about adversity, and how on the days they encounter
challenges they say to themselves, “God loves me today. That’s why he is allowing
this to happen.” Hearing that changed my perspective completely! God DOES love
me, and you, perfectly, and it’s because of that love that we are given trials
and hardships, to refine us and help us become more like Him. It’s completely
necessary, so we might as well face it with courage and find rest in God’s
love!
Revival Playlist
Electric Indigo- The
Paper Kites
Ocean – Lauren Aquilina
Proof of Your Love –
For KING & COUNTRY
Like The Dawn – The Oh
Hellos
First – Lauren Daigle
Where It All Begins –
Hunter Hayes & Lady Antebellum
Revelator Eyes – The Paper
Kites
Trust In You – Lauren
Daigle
Clarity- John Mayer
Elevate – St. Lucia
I hope that whatever
challenges you are going through right now will be made easier as you
acknowledge that starting over is a beautiful thing, seek God first in your
lives, and elevate yourself to gain the proper perspective. You are not alone! I’m so thankful for the help of my family and friends and YOU during this
time, who help me to remember that these moments are very short in the grand
scheme of things, and to look forward with optimism and excitement for the
future.
I love you all, so
very much.
Love,
Hailey
Photos by Kellie Kano.




It's just like the refiners fire... You are being turned into a beautiful masterpiece by our Savior! Remember we need the hard times to truly recognize and appreciate the good times.
ReplyDeleteSo well said. Life is not always going to be easy, God brings trials upon our lives to strengthen us. In the midst of trials, we reach out more to God. Sometimes God brings those times in our lives as a wake up call to never stop chasing after him, and as a result, we develop an even stronger relationship with Him. Also, that playlist is beautiful. I have been listening to Lauren Daigle a lot this past week. She has so many great songs.
ReplyDeleteThe most beautiful thing I have ever read, I am going through something similar as a girl in my early 20s things are difficult and I admire you for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
ReplyDeleteThat was a very beautiful to read Hailey. I hope everthing goes well with you. Your my heroe, it was for you that I continue to listen to the music by you Gardiner Sisters. I enjoy the rest of you don't get me wrong, but it was you that I thought can stand the best on your own. Also I have read more of what you've said about religion and God, and it has just touched my heart. Thank you for that.
ReplyDeleteEncouraging read...I know now that you are going to be successful because of you're relationship with God, stay strong in Him:)
ReplyDeleteThis is something I really needed. Between this post and your worship EP, I feel like I could get through anything right now. Thank you guys!
ReplyDeletexx
Em